Moodlakatte College of Nursing is managed by Moodlakatte Education Trust (R), Moodlakatte, who pioneered an educational movement in Kundapura Taluk to establish Institutes in Engineering and Management for the deserving and poor students of the area. Under the leadership of late I M Jayaram Shetty. The key purpose of forming the trust was to promote education, social and cultural activities in rural areas of our country. The trust has contributed tremendously in the area of education since its inception. Nursing College is fully backed by the Trust along with the strong advisory group of Academicians, Industrialists, Medical Professionals and Entrepreneurs.
The objectives of the trust are
- To perform educational, social & cultural activities.
- To promote the spread of Education, Vocational, Technical, Commercial, Academic or Agricultural, Health and for this purpose establish, manage, encourage, aid, support, affiliate or incorporate, school, colleges, or such other institutions at suitable place from time to time and for the purpose, promote, constitute or cause regional organization committees or sub committees wherever necessary.
- To establish farms and concerns helpful for practical training and benefit of students of the schools, colleges and institutions under the Trust.
- To understand adult schools and colleges for promoting literacy among adults and night school and colleges to enable students to learn while they earn.
- To provide hostels for students and grant concessions, scholarships, free-ship and other facilities and incentives for poor and deserving students.